How to predict your baby's gender at 12 weeks


If you want to find out the gender of your baby, you probably will hate waiting for the 20 week scan. I found myself googling Mayan gender prediction charts, Chinese calender's, symptoms of carrying boys & girls, I loved trying to guess (they were all wrong by the way). The best way, and most medically accurate way of predicting a baby's sex is via your 12 week scan photo (which worked for me!)


Half way through my epic google trail, I came across forums where people were saying they were told their baby's gender at their 12 week scan!?  -And that's when I came across the 'Nub theory'.

'Between 11-13 weeks, all babies are said to have a 'nub' between their legs called the genital tubercle, and according to this theory the angle of the nub will indicate whether it's a boy or girl. It's said that if the nub is over 30 degrees up from the spine, it's a boy - but if it's under that then it's a girl.' - Source

By this point, my 12 week scan had come and gone but I did have a photo. So I googled examples of girl nubs vs boy nubs and compared them to my own. The nub prediction did end up being correct, even though my baby's nub was unclear in the image. Some scan photos do not really show any kind of nub, but some are there, loud and clear. I now see people's 12 week scan photos and KNOW if they're having a boy or girl. Boy nubs are pretty obvious, girls are harder because you could argue there is no nub in the image.

Examples below including my own scan image:



My Scan Photo:



Have fun predicting your baby's gender! Or if you're like me - predicting other people's baby's genders too! But remember to keep your opinions to yourself, some people would rather not know.

Follow me at:


Robyn x

No comments